Safe Seniors, Strong Communities
Are you a BC senior looking for assistance?
During the COVID-19 period, seniors will be able to receive support through a new province-wide joint initiative of the Ministry of Health, bc211, and United Way of the Lower Mainland.
Safe Seniors, Strong Communities matches seniors who need support with non-medical essentials, to volunteers in their community that are willing to help. This service will be available seven days a week during daytime hours.
Available services include:
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Meal preparation and delivery
- Prescription pickup and delivery
- Phone and/or virtual friendly visits
Seniors can request volunteer help by:
- calling 2-1-1
- filling in an online form at www.bc211.ca.
Want to volunteer?
- fill in an online form at www.bc211.ca.
If you are an individual or organization supporting seniors, visit the Healthy Aging CORE for more resources and knowledge-sharing.